Wed, 09 Oct|
£5 Professional Headshots
Start your search for a graduate scheme or placement with an inexpensive, high quality headshot. It's only a fiver!
Time & Location
09 Oct 2019, 11:00 – 14:00
PATS Field, Guildford GU2 7JP, UK
About the Event
At the photography society, we've had a lot of requests from students for high quality professional headshots. The issue is, when you're shopping around for a photographer, some of the prices are overwhelming. Hundreds of pounds as a student isn't doable! So, for the price of a small lunch, Photosoc are able to provide some excellent headshots!
Reasons why you need a headshot:
- It conveys your professionalism. If you look professional, potential clients, investors, collaborators, etc. that don’t know you personally are going to be more likely to agree to that first meeting.
- A good headshot gives people an idea of your personality before they meet you. A smile portrays approachability. A serious look portrays determination. Make your expression match your personality. I choose to smile in mine!
- It reminds business contacts who you are if they met you in passing at a conference or business function. This little cue makes it more likely they will accept your “friend” or “follow” request.
- A current headshot gives people an idea of what you look like now. I recently went to a CEO breakfast and two of the presenters’ headshots were taken years ago. There was an immediate disconnect. It’s not good to surprise people in this way. It sends a message of inauthenticity.
- It supports and enhances the skills and experience on your LinkedIn profile, making you stand out from the rest. One hint specific to LinkedIn is to look to the left so you are literally looking at your profile.
- It makes you feel good to look your best. Having a quality image of yourself to share with your professional peers boosts your self confidence, and it can even inspire you to share more of yourself with others, take a few risks, and overcome work-related challenges.